Sunday, May 11, 2014

post 9

I think the most compelling argument Carr makes in the first four chapters of the book is that the internet is shortening our attention spans and making it harder to concentrate on large amounts of information at a time. I think Carr is also trying to argue that the way in which we process information is changing as technology finds itself more and more prevalent in today's society. "My mind isn't going-so far as i can tell-but it's changing. I'm not thinking the way i used to think" (Carr 5). I think this statement really sums up Carr's argument as a whole. He is clearly trying to say that as this generation becomes more influenced by a culture based on technology and has a large amount of information at our fingertips, we will have a harder time processing information through other modes such as books and magazines. it is clear that because of the influx in computer based information sources that people are more likely to skim through books rather than actually read them cover to cover because that's what we are used to doing on websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment