Friday, May 9, 2014

post 9

"Extensive, perpetual plasticity has been documented in healthy, normally functioning nervous systems, leading neuroscientists to conclude that our brains are always in flux, adapting to even small shifts in our circumstances and behavior." (31)

I found this quote to be very important especially because in his book Carr points out how technology is making us dumber, and by bringing in this information it counteracts his argument. He goes along with this information for a while and it's very important because he also points out that the brain can't remember everything that it has ever learned. In a way he is almost contradicting himself. Carr never openly states his opinion on the topic but I think he would agree that our brains do change and they can't always remember everything we learn. Using technology and getting used to it is one of those things. Technology is always changing and with this our brain needs to adapt and we need to learn how to use it. I find the topic of neuroplasticity a very interesting one and by brining in this information it strengthened his argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment