Sunday, May 11, 2014

post 10

The last time i got really immersed in a book it was My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I had previously read other Picoult books and found that I really enjoyed her style of writing and I remember my mom recommending that i read it. I remember starting to read it before a vacation when there was lots of free time at the airport, on the plane, and in the car afterwards. I believe this made it easier to focus all my energy on the book and therefore gave me a more enjoyable experience with the book. Also, i found myself being able to be emotionally connected to the characters because the young female character was around my age and she had a similar family dynamic to mine. I really enjoyed the voice of the author and it was very easy to connect to the topics of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment