I thought that the speeches this week went really well and
everyone did a great job presenting their arguments. They all had really good
controversial topics that aren’t constantly talked about today. I think that
Kellen’s speech over how punishment or reinforcement can affect a child’s life
in school and other aspects was an interesting topic. Most of us don’t usually
think about how our parents raised us or punished us has effected our learning.
He even took it a step further by talking about how the lecture-based classes
should let us decide if we should come to class or not. They should not be
taking away points where we don’t even do anything in class. He also brought up
the point that sometimes having to attend these classes doesn’t affect our
grades at all. Like he is still getting an A in both classes, where one he goes
to lecture, yet the other he doesn’t go and it does not affect him. I also liked how he made it relevant to our
lives. He did not talk about how punishing a child could have on their older
adult life but their young adult life and schooling. It made me listen more
because I knew the information had to do with me and where I am at in my life.
He also talked about his personal experience which made me think that he knew
what he was talking about when presenting the information.
No comments:
Post a Comment