Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blog Post #13


After finishing Maus , I believe that it was a little the same and a little different from The Shallows, I think that Spiegelman and Nicholas Carr both tries to get the audience involved by using many ethos throughout their books. Spiegelman did a great job using ethos due to the fact that his book was about the Holocaust, and it was a very sad time in history, and many people who read Maus would be able to relate even though the comic book used mice instead of actual humans. In addition to Spiegelman using ethos, I believe that Nicholas Carr did a decent job using logos, which helped a lot in getting the audience to agree. Carr did a good job of making it seem like he knew what he was saying. In another sense Jonathon Safran Foer did a good job storytelling as well, but did so in a different way than Spiegelman did. I seemed to like Maus much better because of Art telling the story about his father. It was very personal and emotional, just the type of books I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment