Sunday, May 11, 2014
Post 15
Summer is definitely my favorite time of the year so by saying I am excited for summer is a definite understatement. If you don't like summer you need to reevaluate your life in my opinion. This summer is going to be a huge change for me because it is the first summer that I'm not going to be spending it at home but I will be staying in Iowa City. Its going to be weird but I am really looking forward to a new experience. My living situation is probably different than most because instead of living in at home with parents or living in an apartment downtown Iowa City, I am living in a fraternity house with 20 other guys. Living in a fraternity house has definitely been one of the most interesting/fun/frustrating/dirty/sleep depriving yet best experience that I have ever done, and I don't expect that to be any different this summer. Our house is located on the river so I expect my days to be consisting of waking up, going to work, and rushing home to play sand volleyball with the guys. Living at home is great but the way that I look at it is, yes my house may be a little messy and we may stay up a little too late and make a little bit too much noise... it happens. But when in my lifetime am I ever going to be able to live with 20 of my closest friends in the world under one roof? Probably never. I am excited for the warm weather, the Dave Matthews Concert I am going to see and numerous trips to Chicago I am going to make. Its going to be a great summer regardless. But when it comes down to it the thing that I am most excited for this summer is to simply be around my friends. Some of my best memories of college haven't been getting an A in a class, or going to Iowa football games, or even going downtown on a Friday night. Some of my best memories have come around a campfire in the backyard of our house talking and laughing while we watch the water in the river flow by. I am excited for the friendships that I know are going to be strengthened this summer all because we live under the same leaky roof and I couldn't be more excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment