Friday, May 9, 2014
post 13
In my opinion Maus was the book that really didn't fit in with the rest of the books we have read this semester. I don't think this just because it was a graphic novel, but also because there wasn't just one clear argument that the author was trying to convey. It certainly did have arguments but they weren't are concrete as in the other books we read. It is very similar to Foer's book because it is more story based and not really all fact based, even though the book is almost all factual. I think Spiegelman makes his argument by using the stories he tells instead of just blatantly stating the argument. All the books we have read have had arguments, but they have all been presented in very different ways and I really like how we explored different ways to present an argument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment