Tuesday, May 6, 2014
post 14
One speech this week that really made me think was Millica's speech about women working in the sex industry. I had never really looked at striping or working in porn as being liberating from a feminism standpoint. Its a very interesting standpoint that really got my attention. I really admired her for talking about such a heavy issue, that often times people don't discuss. I have always really looked down on women working in that industry. I am a big proponent of women respecting their bodies and not turning to objectifying acts such as stripping. However, many of her points gave me new incite. One part that really stood out for me rhetorically was when she talked about the double standard of men vs women. When she mentioned the negative titles given to women who feel sexually liberated. I think this really appealed to the female audience, and even caused the male audience to look at the vales of modern society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment