Wednesday, May 7, 2014

post 10

The last time I was truly immersed in a book I was reading Gone With the Wind. I read this book throughout my senior year of high school due to it's incredible length. It took me about four months to read it. I had to prioritize between reading for hours and homework. The story was amazing and the characters were so colorful and interesting. This book follows a southern belle, Scarlett O'Hara, through her life and struggles. It is also a love story between her and Rhett Butler, another character. Scarlett is a feisty woman and really only looks out for herself in this book. She was a little selfish in the book at times but she is still one of my favorite characters of all time. To be honest, the love story is what kept me reading the book. It was so elaborate and interesting I just needed to see how it unfolded. I have definitely replicated this deep reading when I read Anna Karenina. I read this book a few books before I read Gone With the Wind and I fell in love with it. I couldn't put it down. I am a very big fan of the classics because I feel like the books today really can't compare. Eventually, I will read War and Peace as well and I hope I love it as much as I loved Gone With the Wind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment