Friday, May 9, 2014

post 11

Overall, I found The Shallows a very boring book to read. His argument was not very strong and it was a very information based book. I agreed with him that we are becoming too dependent on technology for everyday activities and that technology is making us more antisocial then ever before. I have witnessed this first hand over the course of my life. I also agree that technology will never stop changing and improving. I don't agree that technology is making us dumber. I think it is just making it easier to find the information that you need quicker. And this is not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I think we do need to become less dependent on technology. People are too attached to their phones and electronics, I think it is a little strange, and for people who grew up without cell phones I think that they would think that too. It was a book that really got me thinking about what the technological boom is doing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment