Sunday, May 4, 2014

Blog 13

Maus was definitely the most different kind of book that I've ever read. A story about the holocaust in comic book form does not sound like it goes together, but it turned out to be my favorite holocaust book. I feel that Spiegelman did not have a specific argument that he was trying to make, but rather he let the reader take away whatever they got out of his story. Compared to Eating Animals and The Shallows, I think that Maus more similar to Eating Animals. Both novels had more personal stories and they both had a great deal of pathos involved. By telling about personal experiences, it makes it easier to relate to and can enhance the arguments trying to be made. The Shallows on the other hand, seemed to be more of an informational novel, aside from the few instances when Carr talked about how the internet affects him. Carr had more factual information and Foer and Spiegelman had a more story-telling, emotional approach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment