Sunday, May 11, 2014
post 11
To be completely honest there wasn't a single aspect of Carr's argument that I agreed with mostly because I didn't feel that there was a concrete argument. Most of Carr's "points" were simply historical facts and he didn't really have much to add after that. I was disappointed because after reading the first chapter where Carr incorporated personal anecdotes i assumed that this would be the case for the rest of the novel and was disappointed when it was not. I found myself without the motivation to even finish the chapters because i felt that i could have gotten the same information out of an encyclopedia if i really wanted to know that much. I overall did not enjoy the book but for rhetorical purposed i understand why it was discussed in the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment