Sunday, May 11, 2014

Post 14

If there was one speech that from the very start got me sitting up in my seat where I felt that I needed to see where she was going with this has got to be Milicas. She definitely took a very taboo topic and made it conversational to where I was very compelled with her argument and viewpoints. The topic of porn and the sex industry is a very touchy one in our society which in almost all circles of society is almost always immediately torn as being a disgusting and disgraceful industry. Having my own viewpoints on the subject matter before Milica gave her speech, I was somewhat more opened to the subject matter. Did she change my view points completely? No and I will probably have my own. But did she open me up? Absolutely, and given the subject matter a very tough task to do. Most argue that the most degrading thing that a woman can do is have sex for money and having a very compelling argument that it is in fact the opposite was a very interesting view point.

No comments:

Post a Comment