Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blog Post #14


Along with everyone else, I agree that everyone did a wonderful job on speeches last week. Many of them made me think of things I probably never would have before.  The one that I found the most interesting was Taylor’s. She brought up the topic of plastic surgery. I personally believe that our society has portrayed plastic surgery as “normal” or “pretty”, but in reality you should only have it done if your health is in danger. Getting plastic surgery because you are unhappy with the way you look is absurd. We are all born different for a reason and changing your natural characteristics makes you more and more unlike yourself. I personally have a friend from high school who got a nose job our freshman year of high school. In my opinion it was way too early for her to decide to have that surgery that changed something that cannot be changed back. I thought Taylor did a great job is showing the position she was advocating for and did it also in an interesting way. She told the audience how many children/teens/adults NEED plastic surgery because of something that is harming their health such as babies that are born with a birth defect that cannot be avoided. In situations like birth defects, I agree to believe that they deserve the right to have plastic surgery without being judged. There are many people in this world who need plastic surgery in order for survival opposed to those who get it just to enhance features they had all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment