“Every technology is an expression of human will” (page 44)
I believe that this quote is very important to Nicholas
Carr’s argument in the book The Shallows.
His whole argument is how we think, read, and remember and I think this
quote does a decent job of explaining the point that Carr is trying to plant
into our heads. I do not feel like he is in any way trying to convince us to
not use the internet, I think he is just trying to inform us what the front of
the book says, What the Internet is Doing to our Brains. This goes back
to when we talked in class about how we read short articles to learn about big
topics, which I admit that I do, but I do not feel like it is right to do that
all the time because we miss a lot of information about that topic. This goes
the same when Carr talks about when the typewriter was invented and how it
changed our writing style. I feel as though the internet does not necessarily
change our brains, but instead it in a way alters it to do different things
than ever before the internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment