Sunday, May 4, 2014

Blog Post 10


The last time that I truly got immersed in a book would have to be The Great Gatsby, which I read while I was in high school. It was one of the few books that I read during high school that kept my attention for the whole book. I think the characters were so interesting and complicated that I wanted to know how they would handle the situations they were in. Also, I think it creates a glamorous world that readers get sucked into because it is more of a fantasy than a relatable world. However, I believe all the themes of the book are interesting too, because it deals with so many different aspects of American life. The Great Gatsby was the last time that I truly got immersed in a book because I believe the characters, however disturbed they are, are relatable on some level to the readers of the book. I think the fact that I was reading this in high school made me not want to read it, but it was truly one of the few books from high school that I actually enjoyed and therefore had a deep reading experience. I don’t know if I will find this again in a book, because a lot of the reading I do nowadays is assigned to me for school, and therefore I don’t get much choice in what I get to read. If there was more choice involved I’m sure I would be able to find a book I enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment