Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Blog post 13
After finishing the graphic novel Maus, I found many similarities and differences in the past novels we have read in class. Well each novel is trying to argue from a rhetorical standpoint, one aspect I found most similar was the use of symbolism. In the novel Maus, the representation of charters as animals is symbolism in itself. It argues to demonstrate the vast differences between social groups, and the dehumanization of the Jewish population. As well as in the Novel Eating Animals, animals are portrayed as having emotions which severs as almost a symbol of oppression from the lack of care humans treat them with. Last in the novel, The Shallows, the internet is compared to the introduction of the modern book. This also creates an important symbolic dynamic as the book is introduced to society. One major difference I found in these novels was the strength of the argument. I felt the argument in eating animals and The Shallows was very prevalent. However, I felt Maus was more of a story then a book with rhetorical based argument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment