This summer I plan to work a ton at Buffalo Wild Wings and
the Iowa State Fair, go to California with my dad, go to a friends lake house,
and babysit 3 of my cousins for a month. I think it is safe to say that I will
have an interesting time, but I think the best part of my summer will be
spending time with my family. I have found myself missing my grandma a lot this
year being up at school and I am really excited to do activities with her, even
if it is something as easy as taking her to the grocery store. Lately she has
been showing more and more signs of Alzheimer’s and I hope that she never
forgets who I am. She is the only grandparent I have left who is not deceased.
I regretted not spending more time with my other grandma before she died and I
am not going to make the same mistake again. This year when I have been
receiving letters from my grandma it breaks my heart to know that I do not see
her as much as I used to. Studies show that when people are happy, they have a
thirty five percent lower death risk and I want to prove that right by doing
things with her that I used to when I was a little younger, such as going to
the senior center and playing BINGO. I guess you could say I am scared of
losing her, just like everyone else is with their family.
No comments:
Post a Comment