Friday, May 9, 2014

Blog Post 14


After watching my classmate’s speeches I believe that everyone did an excellent job of arguing their points. I thought some of the topics that people picked were interesting. I thought it was interesting how there were more topics on plastic surgery and advertising than I though there would be. Also, I thought it was interesting how many people actually did the same topic as someone else. There were also a few topics that were unusual and therefore I would not have thought that they would have been picked, for example the topic of video games and whether or not they are the cause of violence. A lot of the topics that had plenty of opportunity for pathos usually made me pay more attention or find a way to agree with them, because it appealed to my emotions more. Even I tried to add some of the pathos into my speech because it was a more effective tool in the speeches, but there were also some good uses of logos. If someone was arguing that the best thing was the most logical thing, I found that was almost as effective as using pathos, even though they are almost complete opposite ways to argue. Any time the issue was serious enough to deal with very heavy issues I realized that there was more and more pathos being used, this was in stark contrast to the arguments made about college athletes, which was more based in the logical part of that argument. 

No comments:

Post a Comment