Friday, May 9, 2014
post 14
The issue that I found most interesting and compelling was Grant's and Austin's topics. They were on whether student athletes in the NCAA should be paid. I completely took Grant's side of the argument as well. I believe that student athletes should not be paid especially because they go to school on a full scholarship most of the time. It is not fair for them to, on top of going to college for free, to get paid. These students know what they are getting into when they sign the contract for the NCAA and it shouldn't be disputed. I know that this is a very current issue, so this is why I think it bothers me so much. Some college students have to take out loans, on top of having jobs during the school just to get by. It just wouldn't be fair. I don't even know how they would make paying the student athletes fair because they wouldn't be able to pay football players more then tennis players for example. That would be discrimination. This topic was very interesting and I thought Grant did a great job presenting it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment