Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 8

I think each group did a really great job on giving their group speeches. I really enjoyed the last one in particular about the legalization of marijuana. Like others have previously said, it was very entertaining and Jeff did a great job of keeping the audience engaged. They made us feel as though we were part of the talk show which was exactly what they were supposed to do. The arguments between those who were against abortion and those who were for it got very heated and made it interesting to watch. Each person played their character very well and really got engaged. They used pathos a lot to describe how they felt on their side. Lucy, who was for abortion, stated that she had been raped and gotten pregnant that way. This really made the audience feel bad for her and see where she was coming from. On the other hand, Michelle, who was against abortion, explained how her daughter had gotten an abortion and how it hurt her very much. Both sides hit heart strings which made the argument interesting. Also, because this was such a serious topic I thought it was genius to break up the heated conversation by Jeff getting upset with the two of them and "cutting to a commercial break". This really broke the tension and made the audience feel much more comfortable with the situation. All groups did an awesome job, and I really enjoyed doing the group speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment