I view myself as a big picture guy, I always have, and probably always will. One sad story, although makes me feel for those who experience the story, does not change my opinion on things. My political and social policies rely on who benefits the most on my vote. An argument by majority if you will. I'm an Econ major, for I view that economics is the most important field of study as it affects everybody living, and to be born in the future.
That being said, the chapter on sickness has affected me the most. That's something that affects everyone, and although I may be extreme here, it could end the world, and the fact that factory farming contributes to that got me. When Foer argued that all the antibiotics are creating a virus that will be immune to antibiotics that can kill humans get cultivated at factor farms, it got to me, for that's something that can affect everyone.
It has inspired me to contribute to factory farms far less, and it makes me think if there is a way around this, as a super swine flu may spell the end for mankind as we know it. A heavy contrast to the antidotes about Foer's grandma that opened the book, due to the dark subject matter. Nonetheless it caught my attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment