Sad as it is, over spring break I was stuck in Iowa, Des
Moines to be exact. My spring break consisted of working 40 hours at the
wonderful Buffalo Wild Wings, babysitting my cute little cousins, and doing
what I do best, relax. I usually do not watch too much television, but over
break I found myself watching it almost every day. Of course most people
experience moments when the same commercial keeps playing over and over and it
gets on your nerves. I kept seeing the Verizon “More Everything Plan”. The commercial
first starts off by saying you are going to get up to two times more and shows
young adults taking selfies and acting like they are very happy and having a
good time. It then flashes through all of the phones that you can upgrade to if
you trust Verizon for your cellular connection. The part that got me the most
was when it showed the United States flashing with different colors and small
dots all over the map saying “Them”, and then saying Verizon at the top and having
the map be red, showing that they have coverage over almost the whole United
States. The commercial basically states that they are very reliable and that if
you do not already have Verizon, you should switch to the company that gives
you MORE. I found this commercial very powerful in certain ways. I like how
Verizon always compares themselves to others to show that they do in fact have
more coverage, and do it without degrading other companies by using names such
as AT&T or Sprint. I think that other phone companies have creative commercials
as well, but this particular commercial brought my attention to how consistent
people are with their phones. On almost every single phone commercial it shows
how “happy” and “socially accepted” you are, but only if you buy the phone they
are promoting. This just makes you think about the question, what if phones
never became wireless?
No comments:
Post a Comment