I really enjoyed and loved this assignment.
It was a great way to take the class out and about the city, and do a little
bit of exploration. I think it was also a good way to keep the class engaged
and a little more energized. I went to Prairie Lights, which at first I thought
was only a bookstore. When I went in with my group, we walked upstairs to the
café area and the first thing I noticed were a lot of people sitting at tables
working or being studious. The next thing I noticed was the wood tables, wood
floors and natural light coming in the room through a sun window in the
ceiling. This brought a lot of a natural and comfortable feel to room without
relinquishing the feeling that this was a place to do work or read, not to hang
around and gab or gossip, or catch up on life. This is place where it seems
that a lot of writers and people with an order of business go to work or to
collaborate. The next thing that I noticed upon arriving in the café was the
painting on the wall. There was not a uniform or universal theme to these
paintings, as some were abstract, some had a dark tone, and some were paintings
of sceneries. The coffee bar’s menu was written in chalk and the names were
very common names. I think the feeling they want the customers to get is a
feeling of ease and simplicity. This notion also does not take away or add too
much to the fact that this is an area for your mind to go to work and be
productive. Prairie Lights is a great coffee shop, and I definitely recommend everyone
to check it out whether it’s to do homework, study or just take sip of a rather
well-made latte.
No comments:
Post a Comment