Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break Rhetoric

Over spring break I noticed many rhetorical appeals while I was at the mall shopping for clothes. The first thing I noticed was the way many of the stores were laid out. Since it was spring break, I noticed that in many of the popular clothing stores such as Victorias Secret and American Eagle that the stores had displayed their swimsuits and summer styles towards the front of the store so they were the first things you saw when you walked in. I also noticed a lot of "Limited Time Only" sales that were going on and when I would comb through the racks of clothes most of the sale clothes were winter or damaged clothes. This made me think of the exercise we did in class of who the stakeholders were in the businesses. At the mall there would obviously be a huge amount including the consumers, the retail stores, family member, significant others. The mall has a huge amount of stakeholders that would most likely differ from store to store. For example, my dad might highly value the brand Tommy Bahama at Von Maur while I would be gravitating more towards the Kate Spade handbags or Steve Madden shoes. It all depends on the context.

No comments:

Post a Comment