Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 8

There were many good speeches given by my classmates. However, a point that I found very rhetorically effective was in the last group that went. Their topic was abortion. First off they presented their speech in a very fun and playful manner. I think the host did a great job at setting up and environment that really engaged the audience. This allowed the audience to initially form a connection to the speech. Also the host used a lot of funny props such as an applause sign. I thought this was a very clever idea the played on comedy, which is another effective use of rhetoric. I also thought that the group used a wide array of opinions. I thing this exactly mirrored the main purpose of the speech. They really tied the use of the perspectives together as well. I thought the whole entire speech flowed extremely well. I think there were many points in this speech that were very rhetorically effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment