Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blog Post #8

During the peer speeches i think the topic that hit me the hardest was abortion. In particular I found it most easily to relate to the persona that Sindu took on being that she is a college student and is advocating for the women to have a right to their own body. As a college female myself I can understand the desire to be in control of oneself and I am a firm believer in pro-choice. Coming from a place where drunken one night stands and sexual assault run rampant through the streets, I can understand the need for the education of students on proper contraceptives as well as how to practice safe sex. However, in the event that an unwanted pregnancy does occur I think Sindu made a good point about how someone shouldn't have to put their life on hold just because society doesn't see it as being okay to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. I understand the mental devastation that can occur but I again think that carrying the baby to full term would cause more damage to the psyche than terminating it early on. Good job Sindu!

No comments:

Post a Comment