Monday, March 24, 2014
blog post 8
I found the group speeches interesting because we all had a different way about them, but also had many similarities. In general, it seemed to me that if a person had more back up comments that supported their view, it helped the argument more. If the person repeated their points, I felt it did not help, or it even hurt their arguments. In the first group speech, I though Milicia did a great job with explaining her point because she had more opinions and examples of things. Also, when the audience asked questions, I felt that it was effective if a person answered right away with information that supported their stance. In the last speech, I felt that the humor that they used helped keep the audience intrigued. They had an overall different approach and I feel that it kept the audience participating and interested. Also, by having each person have such a different background/character, it helped to understand why they had the stance that they did. But I thought that having such strong stances, it made it harder to agree with the individuals because they were either super against or for the issue. I also felt it was effective when the hosts gave background information so that the audience could build their own opinions. This also allowed the audience to agree or disagree with certain stances. Altogether, I felt it was most effective when the person had more information about the issue and could argue anything to support their specific stance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment