Sunday, March 30, 2014

Post #5


Not necessarily in chapter four or five, but in the whole book of Eating Animals I believe that the ‘Slippery Slope’ fallacy is used consistently. The author talks about all of the horrible things that factory farmers/fishermen to do animals in order to get food onto plates and I think that Foer is trying to bring to our attention that if we do not do anything to stand up for animals now, it is just going to get worse. Foer also brings personal experience into the book when he talks about how he went to a stranger’s farm in the middle of the night to see things for himself and then goes on to talk about how his friend C “rescues” the chick that is suffering. When describing how they helped the chick because the chick was in a serious condition that is also using pathos. I think that Foer is very good at making his argument throughout the book by getting whoever reads to gear towards going vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment