Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Post #10

The last time I was really engrossed in a book was over winter break when I was reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I went to Target to look for a really thick book to read because I knew I would have a lot of down time on my way to Florida. I had heard so many good reviews on the book so I decided to try it out and fell in love. I believe the biggest reason I was so into the book was because I had nothing else to  do on the drive down to Florida. When I get connected into a book it is the best feeling ever. It distracts me from real life problems and enables me to be in a whole different world. I also feel a lot calmer when I'm reading. Another big motivation to continue reading was just for the satisfaction of finishing a really big book.
 I find it very hard to read books and stay engaged in them while classes are going on, though. It is hard enough getting through all of my studying, homework, work, sorority, and still trying to have a social life, to have time to sit down and read a book. I find this really sad though, I really enjoy reading but wish I had more time to do so.
I know that I will still be able to "get lost in a book". I have a whole list of books I want to read this summer and cannot wait to get back into it. I think that people who grew up with their parents reading to them and were taught the value of reading will never go completely away from it. Books are something that will never go out of style no matter how much technology is out there. I truly do believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment