Saturday, April 19, 2014

Blog Post #10


The last book that I got immersed in was First They Killed My Father which is an autobiography of a little Cambodia girl who remembers as young as five years old, what happened during the war in her country. The book describes the intense situations she was thrown into after her father died. Before the war, she spoke about how her life was ideal. She was a five year old who had everything, a loving family and nice house. It was soon after the war started that she was forced to be an orphan and do everything she was told, otherwise she would be killed. I think the reason I wanted to keep reading and reading was because it was amazing how courageous she was as a young child and her will to survive. Not only did she stand up against old men that were trying to kill her, but she kept an open mind the whole time. Writing this book she showed many others how to stand up for yourself and what should be right. Another reason I wanted to keep reading is because I honestly thought that maybe her sister or brother was actually writing the book for her, making assumptions that someone had killed her. She was in very harsh conditions the whole time and still made it through alive. It was the suspense that kept me alive. I ended up finishing the book within three days because I kept wanted to know what was going to happen next and also the fact that I was stuck in the car on my way to California with my parents. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment