Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog 10

The last time I got completely immersed in a book was when I was in middle school. I read the Twilight saga books. My friends and I all read the series, and would talk about it almost daily, we were obsessed. I feel like because there were movies along with the books, it kept my interest, and I always wanted to know what was going to happen next, before the next movie came out (since the movies took so long). I have read books after the Twilight books, but I never was fully immersed as I was when reading Twilight. I feel like the characters also took into play about how engrossed I was. The story of a vampire falling for an innocent, lonely girl just captured me, and the love story behind it always kept me reading more and more. Also, being at that "awkward" stage, I feel like I was completely obsessed with the whole "love story" idea. I do think that it is possible for me to experience this with a book again, but it would have to be the right timing and story to keep my full attention. It is very hard for me to stick with a book, but I think it also depends on the effort I put into it in order to stay reading it the whole way through. Then again, I am not sure if I could fully stay with a book because of how busy I am with school and other things. In order for me to enjoy a whole book, I would have be stress free so that I could focus on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment