As others on this blog have stated, I have to agree and say
that I did not at all care for The
Shallows. The first few chapters were honestly just annoying to me because
I felt like Nicholas Carr kept re-stating a bunch of stuff he had already been talking
about. The first chapter, however, was not too bad….it was sort of interesting
how much I agreed with him about how the internet does in fact change the way
we learn and how the internet lets us learn about many different subjects
within a small timeframe because we always just read short articles. I
personally feel like Nicholas Carr did not have a valid argument. In a way he
wanted us to agree with him, but he was really just informing us about how
technology has changed our every day lives so much. I really hated the entire
book until the last chapter when Carr starts talking about how technology is
helping us “lose part of ourselves”. I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. I
definitely think that my generation is on their cell phones way more than is needed,
but I still feel like technology is the only thing that helps us change and
develop.
No comments:
Post a Comment