Throughout the first chapters of the novel I feel like Carr
gives a lot of good background information on his main argument. Often times
however, I felt many of the extensive history he reports is overdrawn and gets
in the way of his main point. Still I think his argument is most effective
during the second chapter when he speaks about the basic workings of the brain.
One quote that really supports this is “A handful of biologists and
psychologists saw in the rapidly growing body of brain research indicators that
even the adult brain was malleable or plastic.” (pg. 21) The facts he presents
such as this really strengthen his overall argument. They create a good base
for many of the main points he presents. It also adds great validity to his
topic. I find the information he presents on the brain very interesting, but I think he often makes many topics overdrawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment