Sunday, April 27, 2014

Blog 11

Mr Carr,

I would like to say, that your argument was an interesting and involving argument. When you depicted our minds as unable to focus, because I do see a little bit of loss of attention span every day. I welcome the idea that technology is changing our brains, and developing habits that belong with the technology. Just has reading changed how we think, the internet changes how we think.

But I have to disagree with the negative aspects of our learning. I don't think that google will eliminate memorization and learning all together, I find these changes to relate to just how we are coping with a new technology. The internet is still a young medium that is developing. I find that we will be able to have deep reading and deep thinking with technology the more we develop and change, and I find it too early to draw up our reaction to this brand new medium as permanent or bad.

I find this is a change that will impact us just as reading did, it will change our minds and the way we think. But does it have to be a bad thing? We live in a world of demand and information and maybe we'll find a way to learn more and develop more with it.

Just a few things to consider,

Alec M. Giannakopoulos

No comments:

Post a Comment