The last book I was engrossed in was As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner. This was senior year in high school, so about a year ago. It was a book that just appealed to me, the choice of multiple narrators, each with their own mental conditions trying to cope and live with each other was a book that was fascinating, interesting, and I could relate to it.
I feel that everyone has a favorite book, and a lot of the reason that book is our favorite is because it does captivate us, so for that logic, I believe it is possible to get that aspect of deep reading again, if the reader is truly captivated and interested in the book.
Those books that do captivate me, are detailed, written really well, contain realistic characters, and possible to imagine. For me, if those traits are there, I believe I can be engrossed in a book.
No comments:
Post a Comment