The last book/books that I really got immersed in was the Hunger Games Series. If I wouldn’t have had school I probably could have finished those books within a few days. I got so emerged in the books that I could easily focus on it and read chapters and chapters without realizing it and not knowing how much time was going by. I became so focused that it was hard for someone to pull me away from the books. I was really interested in what was going to happen next. I think the cliffhangers were definitely the thing that had me reading hours because I kept needing to know if a character was going to die or what was going to happen at the end. I also enjoyed the storyline itself. It was very interesting to read and had a great concept. These books, by no surprise, became very famous. One of the top selling book series and movie deals that followed.
I also became attached to the characters themselves. I remember crying when one character died, which I soon got over but I still cried because I felt that I had known the character and had an emotional attachment. Even when the series ended I notice that I was a little sad for a day or two because I had nothing to read anymore, almost like if someone took my phone away I’d probably really want it back and be sad or mad for awhile.
I think I could definitely "deep read" again but it has to be a very good story that makes me want to keep reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment