Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blog Post #11


The Shallows was definitely not my favorite book. I found my self constantly getting distracted by other, more interesting things while reading this book. Which is the idea that Carr explained at the beginning of the book, which I guess I do agree with. As we get so used to multitasking and reading information in little snippets we want to know more at the same time and faster. Making it hard for us to focus on one thing at a time. Although, one reason that I could not pay attention and got easily distracted is because the book wasn’t that interesting for me to read, but I can pay attention to a book that I am interested in. So I believe that not all our brains change due to the internet. I think that it is something that differs from person to person. It’s the same thing with how people learn differently; everyone’s brains work differently. I do though agree with Carr’s argument that advancing in technology does change the way we work. We survived before the concept of time, clocks, books and the internet, but now younger generations feel that they wouldn’t know how to do simple things without the internet. Tasks are becoming easier but that doesn’t necessarily mean that are brains are becoming dumber, the internet and other things like social media are just making us greater in other places, like visually, like what the article we read said.

No comments:

Post a Comment