Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week 5 post


I really enjoyed doing the rhetoric of a coffee shop assignment and it ended up being easier and more fun than I had expected. Before this assignment, I never took into consideration the kind of argument that a coffee shop, or any place for that matter, can make. I thought it was interesting to actually look into the details and figure out what the coffee shop was trying to convey. At first I didn’t know how the assignment was going to go because I didn’t know if I would be able to interpret what the coffee shop was trying to say but after talking with my group it became easier and clearer for me to interpret. I think that having the first speech as a group speech was a good idea, as it lessened the pressure and made it a good preparation for future speeches, not just for the upcoming group speech but for individual speeches as well. Overall, I thought that the group speech went well and I think we could have easily talked about it more but we ran out of time. I also think that I could have prepared more and practiced so that I didn’t lose my train of thought. And as for the upcoming group speech, I will definitely be more prepared and am confident that it will go well. I think that a group speech is a great idea so that we know what it’s like to work with other people and learn how to get along with different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment