Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Coffee Shop

Overall, I felt that going to Java House Coffee Shop was a fun way to still be learning. I feel like it was a good way to get out of the classroom and see rhetoric in an everyday location. To be honest, I thought that in this rhetoric class it would be all about reading boring books and writing essay after essay, but it is really so much more than that. I think that rhetoric is in a way starting to grow on me. Going to a coffee shop was way out of the ordinary and I love being spontaneous. During the rhetorical analysis of the coffee shop I feel that my group worked together well on top of presenting to the class in an appropriate manner. If I were to do this small group project again, I would most likely prepare myself better the night before. I happen to be one of those people who has a weakness of speaking in front of others and at times, is very difficult. What matters most is that I made it out alive.

            As for the essay went, I feel my final essay was something I worked really hard on and hope that it will be reflected in my grade. I was astonished how quickly our first draft was due and I was nervous about what my other peers would say, however, I knew that I still had another week or so to improve my writing. I cannot speak for everyone in the class, but for myself, it really helped to get feedback from my peers and Ms. Pearson on my rough draft and even more help on my polished copy. It made revising a lot easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment