Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review of Eating Animals (By Taylor Dlesk)

In the first chapter of Eating Animals the author employs many different rhetoric techniques. In relation to the book Thank You for Arguing. One example of this is an appeal to the audience. The author talks about his many struggles with vegetarianism He talks about how he often relapses and eats meat again. I think this almost makes him a more relatable person. This shows that he is a real person with flaws. I think that this greatly increases his overall appeal to the audience. Also he makes the argument more intriguing by adding some back ground knowledge about his grandmother and her relationship with food. I think this is a new and interesting way to look at the argument. Instead of just presenting facts he gives the reader a sense of connection between him and the argument. I think using this rhetoric technique makes the overall argument more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment