Sunday, February 23, 2014

Coffee Shop Assignment

I actually really liked the coffee shop assignment. It was nice to do something different. I think splitting into groups and making it a group speech was very good because it was less stressful than if we would have had our first speech be a individual speech. I think maybe I should have prepared what I was going to say in the speech a little more, or ran through it a couple more times, so I wouldn't have been so nervous but all in all it went well. It was also really nice to put what we have been learning into a real world perspective. I never really thought about an argument that a place could be making, but after looking for an argument at the coffee shop it has made me realize that we are just so used to everything saying something different that we don't really even think about it.
The writing assignment went much easier than I expected. It was nice to have due dates for each draft because it prevented me from procrastinating the paper. I also loved how we got feedback from you and our peers. The workshops were very helpful. I am very glad that it's over and am kind of nervous to give our first big speech. I felt that because of the feedback I received my paper turned out pretty well, so hopefully speech workshops will help me to not be nervous for those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment